The SPL Trust are reaching out to help fans like you get more out of life. Football Fans in Training (FFIT) is run in SPL Clubs, plus Hamilton Academicals, Dunfermline Athletic and Rangers, by club community coaches. It is supported by first team managers and current and former players.
The coaches can help you:
- Improve your diet and lose some weight
- Become more active and fitter at a rate that suits YOU
- Make these changes last a lifetime
FFIT is a FREE 12 week physical activity and healthy eating programme designed to help MEN get fitter and lose weight, and to maintain these changes in the long term. Each week involves some physical activity training at your team’s home ground. A ‘classroom’ session gives fans advice about how to eat more healthily and easy steps they can take to get fitter.
At the FFIT course, everyone is in the same boat. They all want to take the chance to get healthier through the football club that they support. Men who have been on FFIT in the past have really enjoyed themselves - "it is like a night in the pub with your mates but without the drink".
And of course, meeting at your team's grounds means that there is usually the chance for a bit of banter about football too and a chance to get to see and hear a bit more about your club from the inside!
Most men who took part in FFIT 2010-2012 found it:
- Friendly and fun - they met with other fans of all ages and bonded quickly as a group over their shared interest in football and their team.
- Encouraging and helpful – the coaches provided a relaxed learning environment and suitable exercise plans for men with all fitness levels.
Most of the 2010/2012 FFIT programme graduates found the changes easy to maintain and continue to be more active, lose weight, eat healthier and a result feel fitter, have more energy and generally better in themselves.